choosing a program
a proper yoga teacher training should…
- teach you how to safely sequence a class
- give you a basic understanding of anatomy
- explain body alignment and how to give effective adjustments
- teach students how to use breath in their practice
- introduce students to the basic philosophy in which modern yoga is rooted
why yogaworks teacher training?
teaching yoga properly can be scary and complicated. new teachers are trying to lead safe, effective classes while also projecting confidence and competence and trying to set themselves apart from other teachers. this is a lot! the yogaworks training gives new teachers a time-tested toolkit to teach safe and effective yoga, freeing them up to focus on finding their voice as a teacher.
yogaworks’s programs emphasize a student’s personal practice as the source for their creative teaching and include a comprehensive study of the techniques and mechanics of fundamental yoga postures, as well as the tools necessary to teach and inspire others. to deepen their education, students will also study functional anatomy and physiology, explore yoga’s philosophical underpinnings, practice meditation and pranayama, and investigate the ancient science of ayurveda.
what you will learn…
- to deepen your practice and your understanding of yoga
- how to structure and create a cohesive, well-rounded class
- to acquire an understanding of yoga philosophy
- to build relationships with highly experienced yoga teachers
- to build the confidence and tools to begin teaching yoga
- how to integrate the historical teachings of yoga philosophy into daily life